Saturday 25 February 2012

My Academy Award Predictions

Perhaps I've left this a bit late, but better late than never, right? Here are my predictions (not necessarily recommendations) as to how the Acadamy vote will come down on the 27th of this month. Not in order of importance, I predict:

Best Picture - The Artist
Best Director - Martin Scorcese (Hugo)
Best Actor - Jean Dujardin (The Artist)
Best Acress - Meryl Streep (The Iron Lady)
Best Supporting Actor - Christopher Plummer (Beginners)
Best Supporting Actress - Octavia Spencer (The Help)
Best Foreign Language Film - A Separation
Best Screenplay - Woody Allen (Midnight in Paris)
Best Costume Design - Sandy Powell (Hugo)
Best Original Score - Ludovic Bource (The Artist)

The most difficult of these I found were best director, a category the Academy has narfed up awfully in recent years, feeling that it's a real toss up between Martin Scorsese (Hugo) and Hazanavicius. Then, best supporting actress was a hard one between Spencer and Berenice Bejo (The Artist), but I can't imagine the Academy sending The Help home empty handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment